german goth question

LstatShaft at aol.com LstatShaft at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 04:03:21 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/1/2003 5:12:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pegritz at hpl-laboratories.com writes:

> OK, does this dude look like Graf Orlock? 'Cause if so, then his name is
> kind of cool and certainly apropos. If not, then he's *got* to be a total
> weinie on par with Azrael Abyss. Well, he theoretically *could* be the most
> recent scion of an old High German family as well...but I sense weinieness
> here--perhaps on the same level as Tw Witches. :)

I gotta say man, he looks spookariffic. This is not some guy that you look at
and think, "y'know, I bet he works as an investment banker in the daytime."

> Speaking of Two Witches, though...I must check IsoTank to see if they have
> anything new out. I must admit a certain fondness for unbelievably cheezy
> Scandinavian goth-rock. "Dead Dogs Howl" is entirely My Jam(tm). In fact,
> the entire _Vampire's Kiss_ album is My Jam(tm). If only more goth bands
> would learn from their example, swallow their pride, and just ham it up as
> silly as possible, I'd probably listen to more of them.

Two Witches haven't done anything new in some time, but you might get your
Scandi goth-rock fix from The 69 Eyes.  Heard 'em?  HIM also col' rock a party.

There is, however, something brand new by And Also The Trees, which should
provoke much spooge from certain people on this list if memory serves. I'll send
over some spamola about that shortly.

[P]