german goth question

I am a gothic chipmunk elheme at telerama.com
Tue Dec 2 10:44:46 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "B" <beep at telerama.com>
To: "Pgh Goths" <pgh-goth-list at listless.org>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: german goth question

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, I am a gothic chipmunk wrote:
>
> > Actually, are bands like Tanzwut Unheilig, Subway to Saly even
> > considered goth?
>
> Goth is what you make of it.

Very true, I kicked myself after sending the post.  That was a very stupid
and open-ended question.

  Unheilig, Corvus Corax, and Tanzwut (the
> "rocking" Corvus Corax side project) market themselves to German goth
> culture.  But of course, in Germany, "goth" is a little more widely
> recognized by the mainstream, I think.

In an interview for his darkwve german shoutcast station, they asked the
lead singer of the Cruxshadows what the difference between the US, and
German goth sceens were.  He said that in Germany they have larger festables
and there's more colaberitive work, the sceen isn't so split into splinter
groups.  He illuded to the fac that goth music was more accepted and that
was reflected in more attendence of the shows.

> I liked Tanzwut enough to buy several CDs, but not enough to keep paying
> import prices.  Their self-titled single is great, and they do an amusing
> German cover of "Iron Man" ("Eisenmann") on one disc.

A cover I will have to download.