german goth question

derek.cf.PEGRITZ pegritz at hpl-laboratories.com
Tue Dec 2 15:59:00 EST 2003

Fulltime weinie as opposed to part-time weinie, then, eh? :) I've always had
a soft spot for folks who look abjectly deadpan and average, and yet kick
out the world's most fucked-up music--like Otto von Schirach. But there's a
lot to be said for dramatic visuals and a certain look, especially when it
comes to live music. As Gary Numan said, "If people just want to see me sit
around and play music, they can come over to my studio and hang out."
(Heavily paraphrased, but that sez it all.)

> Two Witches haven't done anything new in some time, but you
> might get your Scandi goth-rock fix from The 69 Eyes.  Heard
> 'em?  HIM also col' rock a party.

Never heard of The 69 Eyes, but with a name like that, chances are I'll dig
'em tha most. I've longsince come to the decision that *all* Scandinavian
music, from bubbly synthpop like Aqua to headbangin' power metal like
Hammerfall, is just freakin' great. I have *yet* to hear an artist from any
of the Scandinavian countries that I don't love for one reason or another.

> There is, however, something brand new by And Also The Trees,

Whoah. Fresh. Man, I've been *really* out of the loop to have not known
about that....

derek.cf.PEGRITZ / Executive Research Director
HPL Laboratories of Pennsylvania (est. 1992)
A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal
--Radiohead, "No Surprises"