Liked the music at Ceremony last Sat.

DarkThreads mirv01 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 07:35:39 EST 2003

--- B <beep at telerama.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, DarkThreads wrote:
>
> > My friends and I really really really liked
> the
> > music at Ceremony last Sat. (Brian was DJing,
> > think?), which prolly guarantees that it will
> > never be like that again.
>
> I'm flattered, but I haven't DJ'd in quite some
> time.  (Although I should
> be appearing as a guest in the near future...)
> As Alexx pointed out, that
> was Matt, who has always been one of my
> favorite DJ's.  Perhaps my

Okay, so that shows how in tune with "the scene"
I am because I don't know what any of you DJs
look like and can't tell you apart by sight. I
thought that Matt was the one with long blond
hair though, and I was referring to the guy with
black Robert-Smith-esque hair, or was he not
actually DJing? I also like the
long-blond-hair-guy DJing sometimes. Or are there
two Matts? Now I'm really confused....

...anyway, when the music is good at Ceremony, I
have to say something, because sometimes it sux.
I thought it might just be my ignorance of the
newer music and the newer subgenres & etc, but
recently I have been educating myself about that,
checking out new bands/artistc & etc. and what I
like to hear at Ceremony is:

- a GOOD MIX of old and new,
- different tempos so that I don't have to dance
at the same speed all night long
- variety of genres/subgenres so that its not all
industrial, or all darkwave, or all the same
thing all night long

But I seldom hear that kind of variety because
most of the DJs have their own "style" and maybe
they are a little too focused on that? I think
that having a "style" is a good thing, but you
can do that and not alienate half of your
audience. And I think that some of you just
totally ignore what people write in the request
book...but that's a goth thing, ain't it?

mirv

=====
Megan Irvine <mirv at darkthreads.com>
a.k.a. mirv