We had (some) joy

Your Fascist Dictator raphrat at telerama.com
Wed Nov 5 20:19:26 EST 2003

Quoting "Michael J. Salo" <salo at rcn.com>:

> > But they didn't play "We Have Joy". ;)
> > Speaking of which my joy was
> > mitigated by that fact that they deep-mined their first album.
> ("Wait",
> > "Change", "Wardance" yadda yadda, I was expecting to maybe even
hear
> > "Complications"!)
> > Even though I did get Raven, Youth & Jaz to sign my copy of Night
> Time,
> > they actually didn't play *anything* off it even though it was
> clearly
> > their biggest record. Seemed calculated a bit to piss Americans off.
> > I don't know if anyone was pissed but me, though. I was shouting
> > "Europe" and "Kings & Queens" but after a while I gave up.
>
> Well we got the full length set in Boston, and they did "Kings &
> Queens,"
> but I think every other song was from only four albums:  first two
> albums
> (80-81), Pandemonium (94), and the new one (2003).  Set lists for the
> European tour were about the same.  So that's just what they're into
> right
> now.  With such a large catalogue you can't expect anything in
> particular.

i heard they had "Eighties" and "Love Like Blood"
in the setlist and encores too, but we just got a good
40minute set.

i'm not really complaining though, that 40minutes
was well worth my $15.  hell, "The Fall of Because"
and "The Wait" alone were worth the $15.

screw it - manny's grin was worth $15.

- boo

--
http://www.pghgoth.com

Experts say putting ice cubes up the rectums of unconscious people has
no physiological benefit and can even lead to seizures and stroke.