what i'm doing on thursday...

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Mon Oct 13 19:21:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Kelly Ashkettle wrote:

> But I have not, to my knowledge, ever complained about being around "kids"
> at clubs (unless they were trying to sneak into the bar to drink, thereby
> jeopardizing the experiece for everyone else who was under 21). I maintain
> that it's those who are under 21 who give a scene its vibrancy.

nope.  you have stauchly defended an all ages club to the point where
you actually convinced me to change my mind about it!  now, i don't
much like hanging out with 18 year olds when i'm out clubbing, but you
are right, the scene needs the youths to keep it going.  and i have to
admit, i've been inspired by some of the wacky things that i've seen
younger kids wearing.

and as much as i've bitched about it, when i've gotten to know some
"kids" i've usually liked them.

my complaints are really practical, and that it the small size of the
over-21 are, and the annoyance at not being able to carry my drink
around.  if the bar area of the upstage or laga had been bigger, i
probably would have never complained at all.  except for maybe when 20
young girls are squealing in the bathroom...and even then, i've often
joined in their giggles, come to think of it...

hmmm.  maybe i'm not so crotchety after all.

deeann mikula hartmann

"well behaved women rarely make history."
                 -laurel thatcher ulrich