what i'm doing on thursday...

B beep at telerama.com
Tue Oct 14 12:28:17 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Ray wrote:

> That's also not to mention the underage hip-hoppers that tried to
> bribe two of us $700 to let them in through the back door so they
> could go upstairs to Laga w/o showing ID.

He's not making this up.  People got desperate to get in there.  I saw a
three-digit bribe offered to get in after they'd stopped letting people in
at 1 am.

This is where I make my obligatory speech about how the Night Shift BUSTED
ITS ASS to convince the club that they should not go 21+, and jeapordizing
Ceremony for everyone so you can play grown-up for a night makes you AN
UNGRATEFUL BITCH-ASS PUNK.  Almost as much of AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH-ASS PUNK
as some moron who throws a hissy fit because he would rather listen to a
couple of songs than get to hear MARTIN MOTHERFUCKING ATKINS do a one-off
spoken word monologue for twenty minutes.  Maybe you don't know who MARTIN
ATKINS is, but someone who isn't AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH-ASS PUNK keeps their
ignorance to themselves instead of yelling it out to the world.

Whew, I didn't know I was still carrying all that bitterness after several
days.

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  http://blackbadtz.lm.com  .  all that is wrong about music