what i'm doing on thursday...

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Tue Oct 14 09:56:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Jennifer Maurer wrote:

> Also, I still maintain that if you can't get into a bar underage, then
> you're just not trying very hard.
>
> -Jen (drinking in Pittsburgh bars since 17)

actually, it has gotten harder in pittsburgh since i was underage, and
even since i was over-age-without-proper-ID.  i remember moving back
from san francisco (over age, but without a PA non-driver-ID) and
suddenly not being able to get into the upstage or chief's unless i
already knew a bouncer.

i still get carded constantly, everywhere, but i know there was a time
when i was underage, and then later still without proper ID, and it
just wasn't a problem.

i think at some point the penalties for the bar owners became
significantly stiffer for serving people without proper ID, regardless
of their actual age.

deeann mikula hartmann

"the limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
   --ludwig wittgenstein, tractatus logico-hilosophicus