worthless music recommendations

TERROR FIRMA SKY terror_firma_sky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 18:12:08 EDT 2003

Here are some discs you might want to check out, or avoid if you're
familar with my reputation.

Penal Colony - Unfinished Business
Hey remember that old Cleopatra band Penal Colony that played here
back in the day with Electric Hellfire Club at Cloud Nine? Well
they're back, now on DSBP, and this time they've turned down the
guitars and turned up the electronics, and are a lot more, dare I
say, "funkier". The music is still disillusioned and cynical, but
unlike other bands from that scene that have returned, this just
isn't a rehash of that mid 90's style. You can hear some modern
influences in there as well.

Testube - Corporation
This disc is like old Gridlock meets new Gridlock with some
Frontline Assembly thrown in. Its a very interesting industrial/idm
hybrid. The song "Cog" on this album has some of my favorite lyrics
at the moment.
"I could of join the ranks of CEO's and thieves.
I could do trance with vocals, future p-o-p
But that ain't me, and it won't be
Til I'm rewarded with that great lobotomy"

Decoded Feedback - Shockwave
If you're tired of waitng for Mentallo & The Fixer's reunited but
taking our sweet ole time putting an album out ass, this one's for
you. Its harsh and aggressive yet very melodic. I think its the best
album they've put out so far.

Laibach - Wat
Hey, its the new Laibach album and this time they're all stompy like
And One on steroids. Laibach obviously want your club dollars. This
is the most dance friendly music I've ever heard them do, but there
are still some of the key Laibach elements present like the
orchestra hits and choir sung choruses.

Krushed Opiates - Driving The Two-Dimensional Highway
Remember back in the late 80's, early 90's when the line between
industrial and early techno was a bit blury. The music was full of
cheesey movie samples and sampled guitars and sampled everything.
That's what this album is like. Its silly and repetitive, but damn
if it isn't fun to bop around to.

Symbiont - Ology
Lexincrypt - My Sepulture
These albums are dark and aggressive, like somebody put Skinny
Puppy, Numb, and Hocico in a blender. While most bands from this
background have either gone in the future pop or the powernoise/idm
direction these bands are keeping the harsh elektro faith. It
doesn't say much about progression, but its nice to have a reminder
of why we're afraid of the dark.

Boundless - Perpetual
This band is a Symbiont side project. Its still dark and aggressive,
but its more dancable.

Christ Analogue - Everyday Is Distortion
Its been awhile for these guys. Has it been worth the wait? Sure it
has. Everything is here that you remembered and liked about the band
with some new twists. Its fast and aggressive in parts and slow and
moody in others, no thud or repetition found here.

Electro Synthetic Rebellion - Corroded Fragments
Wow, ebm from everyone's favorite country, France. If you like
Leaether Strip and X Marks The Pedwalk you'll dig this.

=====
TFS, former metal head, recovering rivet head.