(no subject)

MT fachmoir at freedminds.com
Tue Sep 23 09:13:46 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tara" <blather_rinse_repeat at yahoo.com>

Ahh Tara...my dear.

> Sure, this city is cheap. Yeah, it's considered a "starter city". Yep, it also lacks the high class superior >counterculture that other cities are praised for. Even though out of every city in the United States, we are the >22nd largest...which isn't all THAT bad.

Pittsburgh for its size is a rather sad city.
I would atleast expect something to be going on downtown at night...
It gets dark this city shuts down. Why? It has a decent sized populus.

<snip some pretenious shite which needed no answer>
> As far as safety goes, if you are within city limits (or anywhere near a busline) there's never a guarantee on >whether you won't get mugged, beat up, pestered or shot. Sure, there are neighborhoods to avoid at all costs
>(Wilkensburg, Homewood, Polish Hill) and there are some that probably won't cause you many problems
>(South Side, Squirrel Hill, The Waterfront).

I was mugged in Squirrel Hill. There goes your theory.
You are not safe in any area of a larger city.

> The city is also home to thousands of miserable college students, that, for whatever reason, decided to come >to Pittsburgh to get an education. So here they find themselves, miserable and missing whatever golden toilet >they hail from. It is natural for them to lash out on their immediate surroundings and scrutinize every freaking >molecule of their existence. Thus, their opinions may not always be the most valid.

SO wait let me get this one....
you are saying one has to be a low-bred, unintelligent low life to enjoy Pittsburgh?
I hope not.

> In fact, many of these whiny bastards find themselves comforted by other whiny bastards, thus, Ceremony has >become the common ground for all whiny bastards to unite and stomp out their weekly frustrations on the >dance floor or drown them in a veritable sea of alcohol. Please come and join us!

I am not certain what crowd you hang with at ceremony, but few whiny bastards in my crowd.
A bunch of blaggarts and rude pricks, maybe. Whiny - don't think so.

> But seriously, if you find yourself wondering what there is to do, take it upon yourself to investigate. Pick up a >copy of the City Paper or Pulp and actually read it. If you can't find anything to do in a given week in Pittsburgh >it's probably because you expect things to come to you rather than you go to them. Or, you're a pretentious >turd that is bored by things like the Burning Man festival and thinks that NYC is lame.

Because someone might find those two places uneventful or boring in no way makes them a pretentious turd.
Everyone likes something different. You might find NYC and Burning Man Festival fucking brilliant.  Does not mean everyone will. Ack! Get over yourself.

I read Pulp. I find few things inviting. So what. Events are not needed to keep me entertained.
Friends out and talking is my best bet for entertainment.
Most of what happens in Pittsburgh is two years to late. For #22 that is pretty bad.
You ever wonder why the bands trying to make a comeback come to Pittsburgh?
Its because they know people here are stuck in some timewarp and will remember all their songs from before.

> If the latter is the case, good luck finding anything to do in the 'Burgh. My advice: lighten up 'Burgh Haters. As >a native Pittsburgher, I have found that the less you expect the more things will pleasantly surprise you.

oh ok got it.
so I should lower my standards and expect shite from Pittsburgh?
I already have and already do. That is what  makes this town suck so bad.
For a city this size, there should be something for everyone at anytime - day or night.

-Mi