(no subject)

Jennifer Maurer dorothymonkey at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:56:09 EDT 2003

From: "dutin" <mullet at lm.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 2:28 PM

> Wilkinsburg being dangerous is a horrible lie.  it's just a "black"
> community.  and very very safe overall.  i lived there for 2 years and
> never once got accosted or even felt in danger.  the only "bad section is
> on the north side of penn ave.  and it's not all that bad.  i can't vouch
> for homewood, and polish hill?  what about gooski's?  it seems more like a
> family oriented place.

Yeah, I, too, have to vouch for Wilkinsburg and Polish Hill as fine
neighborhoods.  I've never lived in either, but very good friends of mine
lived in Wilkinsburg for years and I certainly spent my fair share of time
there.  The one roommate there did get mugged once, but he was dealing drugs
at the time, which I think gives you a wider "danger" bracket no matter what
the neighborhood.

And Polish Hill?  Hell, I don't know, I've certainly drank enough there.  If
I can stumble around your streets in a drunken blur without being accosted,
then your neighborhood's ok with me.

-Jen

I'm not getting into the whole Pittsburgh sucks/no it doesn't argument
because it's pretty silly, if you ask me.