Boston, was Re: dresden dolls, october 1

Your Fascist Dictator raphrat at telerama.com
Thu Sep 25 14:17:41 EDT 2003

Quoting Pauline Law <plaw at andrew.cmu.edu>:

> it's useful to note that all clubs in boston are non-smoking; manray,
> however, is in cambridge, and will be smoking for this one last friday
> before october first comes 'round and the smoking ban goes in effect
> there
> as well.  also, when in doubt, WEAR ALL BLACK.  they won't let you in
> if
> you're wearing blue jeans or brown shoes or something stupid like that.
> goth-casual-whatever dress is fine for the other nights.

i like dress codes. they keep the riff-raff out.

 > sundays are reverie, which is 'goth lounge night' --
> http://www.reverieboston.org/ -- 21+, donations accepted, river gods in
> central square.  shannon and jordan run the night.  i've heard that
> this
> new venue is good, if a little small.

i was there a few weeks back. VERY CRAMPED.
it's a one-room bar - think the front room of Babylon.
no dancing whatsoever, and it tended to attract the
snobbier bunch, but fuck 'em. the music tended more
towards ethereal & rock stuff, so it was a nice change.
pretty nice decor and strong drinks, though, so it's
not bad at all to stop by once with a few friends.

but let me reiterate to GET THERE EARLY. they
have to abide to a pretty strict occupancy code,
so you may find yourself waiting outside for a
bit until enough people leave.

> ummm... anything else?  oh yeah, boston goths are snobs, but i've
found
> that 95% of the time that's 'cuz they're afraid that -you- are a snob.
> so
> i've heard; i don't know; i'm a cute little girl.
>
> okay, enough boston wankery.  any other questions?

all goths are snobs. throw rocks at them.

- b0o

--
http://www.pghgoth.com

this is not a rave ass