fish heads (was RE: the night shift/ceremony/livejournal)

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Mon Sep 29 13:05:40 EDT 2003

don't promise what you can't deliver, because i'd bring in my vinyl
single of it which is actually shaped like a fish head, but you wouldn't
be able to play it ;)

super obscure related trivia:
my brother and I had a lo-fi cassette-culture goof-rock duo when he was
8 and I was in 10th grade. we called it the Tree Three. we put out two
tapes, "Too Many Species" and "Action Pre-Action". With the help of
Weird Paul, and John Lancia's Home-Aid Recordings (btw Lancia appears on
'Circuits of Steel' as Telesys) these tapes were reissued as a limited
CD-R release a couple years ago, in conjunction with which we did a
'release party' at the MIT (it was New Year's Day 2001). the reason this
is relevant is that at the end of 'Too Many Species' we did an outro track
whene we introduced ourselves and listed some of our likes and dislikes.
My brother listed one of his favorite groups as 'Barnes & Barnes'. ;) !
It's not surprising as much of our stuff was really in that vein anyway.

BTW re Dr Demento - in retrospect, the good Doctor rules and rules with
respect to being in 7th-8th grade, and you just want some goofy shit to
crack up over with yr geeky classmates or at summer camp etc.
but listening to humorous
after humorous song just gets tired after a while. by the end of 10th
grade i was more than ready for some angst-ridden Neubauten or whatever.
the kind of *adults* who are into it are probably also the kind who are
inordinately obsessed with improv comedy, the Jerky Boys, and the like,
who would still be excited about going to see Weird Al.