fish heads

B beep at telerama.com
Mon Sep 29 17:03:30 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> it takes 1 minute to hook up two 1200s to the back of a mixer and then
> to plug them into a power socket.

Hey, I said I was lazy!

Seriously though: that's under ideal circumstances.  First I have to
*find* a turntable (I'd have to use the house's, I don't have my own; and
if I did, I add the work of lugging my own).  Then I have to clean space
for them (messy Friday night DJs).  I have to find power-- the booth is
underpowered (we've blown fuses on hot nights).  And then it probably
takes closer to a minute to make sure I grounded it correctly, and another
few minutes because I've got to check the sound from one more source.

There's also the hassle of picking through my vinyl to decide what to
carry in on a given week; or just bringing it all, which turns two trips
to the car into three or four to carry anything in.

It is still just me being lazy; just a question of degrees of laziness.
And though I'm pretty lazy, I would do thirty seconds of work to play some
of those nice vinyl remixes.

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  <http://blackbadtz.lm.com>  .  all that is wrong about music