Travelogue confirmed 4/20 - Attn Sea Maid!

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Apr 1 15:45:30 EST 2004

Hey goths!
I know you are slow on the cultural uptake compared to other subcultural
scenes (indie, punk, IDM, even hippies etc) but
you will have to figure out where Penn Avenue is and you will have to do
it soon. Within a year the Upstage and its whole neo-G/I and SleazyLou
mentality will be nothing but a bad memory, and over here will be where
*everything* happens. The danceclub hegemony will finally be over and it
will be back to live music and art happenings, like in the 80s (and you
all seem to want to relive that period anyway right?).
There are at least five different spaces over
here where things will happen. So figure it out now, so you don't look
like a total loser in several months! Coming down here will also broaden
your mind beyond the thud bullshit. If you can figure out where the
Shadow Lounge is for Freezepop then you can come down here all the time,
no more excuses.

Tue April 20 I have just confirmed synthpop artists Travelogue,
with openers Promisebook and Anna Danger. (If you're into Soviet and
Joy Electric and A Different Drum, then it's up your alley, fer
Chrissake!).
Attn Ancilla Sea Maid - I would like you to warm up with a DJ set, can
you please e-mail me about this privately.
8 pm  all ages  $7  Garfield Artworks

also coming up on the Penn Ave Corridor:
tonite Apr 1 - Peru Resh Rozz tribute & Turn Pale/Radio Berlin @ The Eye
4/6 - Needle Sharing/Larvae @ GA  powernoise/industro-D'nb aus Deutschland
4/8 - Antennacle @ Modern Formations noise from members of Creation is
Crucifixion & Man is the Bastard
4/11 - Weird War aka Scene Creamers w/NYC discosynthpoppers Good Morning
@ GA
4/13 - I Am Robot and Proud / Sixteens synthpop from Toronto and San Fran
@ GA
4/18 - Method & Result  poptronica duo from Phila a la Postal Service and
Lali Puna  @ GA
4/20 - Travelogue @ GA
4/23 - Something About Vampires & Sluts - gothrock from South Carolina @
GA
4/25 - Erik Friedlander - John Zorn-associated cellist from NYC, had an
album out called "Maldoror" (goth enough for you?)

and also
THE FALL / NEW MODEL ARMY Apr 22 at the Brew House, South Side
get your goddamn tickets now at Pauls, Eides, Brave New World, Dave's
Music Mine SOuth Side and The Exchange Squirrel Hill.

that's it!