The World

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Fri Apr 2 17:11:19 EST 2004

The World is just the Rosebud, reopened by Joker Productions.
He has reconfigured it as a wristband venue so there is no cage.
That's innovative and should bring it some attention.
It is too expensive to rent for shows (nearly twice the cost of
what Laga asked), nor is it in Joker's interest to fill the room
with outside promoters when he'd rather be doing shows in-house.

At least, you gotta admire Joker's tenacity in sticking to his guns,
because he knows what he's doing, unlike Mr Smalls who have to cotton
up heavily to Clear Channel to stay afloat, apparently, because they
have no idea how to stay competitive on their own.