TFS determined to fry bacon inside the Upstage

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Fri Apr 16 20:34:54 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Brian J. Parker wrote:

> Hot dogs get most of their flavor from chemicals; ham gets a lot of flavor
> from salt.  Both are easy to fake.  The pink color and rubbery texture are
> also easy to fake.  I think fake ham will turn you off real ham!

my husband, a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy gets great joy in
calling my fake ham "sham."  as in, "you should pack a sham and cheese
for the car trip."  he was disappointed to find out that "not dogs" is
a trademarked name for tofu hot dogs, and he wasn't the first to think
of it.

deeann mikula hartmann

"the limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
   --ludwig wittgenstein, tractatus logico-hilosophicus