interviewing famous people

Pauline Law plaw at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Aug 22 00:04:40 EDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Nick Jae wrote:

> Perhaps something along the lines of the following:
> "How did you guys form/meet?"
> "What made you choose to play this kind of music instead of, say, Alternative
> or Heavy Metal?"
> "Who are your main influences?"

oh man, but they're the kind of band that have probably heard those
questions like 523947189374189072 times. not joking. they'd probably be
like "WTF amateur. why haven't you read the books on us yet?" and they'd
also say, "we ARE the main influence... of everybody else."

of course, i could be totally mistaken and it won't be the band itself;
it'll just be the guitarist (who is just playing as part of the tour) who
i knew a couple of years back when he was making more shoegaze-y music.
then maybe i could ask those questions, as well as "what EXACTLY have you
done? you've done a lot, haven't you?"

this is all in the realm of theory at the moment, anyway.

thanks for the try, though.

pauline

--
you said the gloom was rich -- it was! you could cut it with an axe!
       - henry miller (punctuation mine).