Clear Channel (was Re: rock club question)

The Caped Avenger cpdavngr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:59:43 EST 2004

Technically, Clear Channel could be limiting what bands play where and
for whom IF the band is working with C.C.  If they are working with
C.C. and choose to play non-C.C. venues, C.C. has been known to give
the bands less or no airplay on C.C.'s radio stations.  So, if the
bands in question care about airplay on C.C. stations (or whatever
other perks C.C. holds over thier heads) they may not be willing to
play non-cc venues.  It depends on how much the band is willing to
work with C.C. or tell the corporate bastards to go f$$k themselves.
:P

--Ralph

> What is Manny's vested interest here? They do not compete with him. They do
> not stop his shows. They do not limit what shows he does. They do not tell
> him what bands to book or not to book as it might be. If I am wrong tell me
> how.
>
> --Mick

The Caped Avenger