rock club question

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Fri Dec 3 10:22:17 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ancilla Sea-Maid wrote:

> and all I wanted to know was how to avoid the extra
> $9.65 that ticketmaster adds to the ticket price. I
> didn't mean to open up some debate about a music
> monopoly. although, I think maybe some people were
> just looking for an opportunity to belittle someone
> else for their choices.

Well, sometimes a discussion will spin off other topics, and we've been
remarkably civil for the goth list.  ^_^  Maybe because it didn't come up
on Sunday... (wank-a-thon, ho!)

It's certainly of interest; it's safe to say that most Pittsburgh goths
are both political leftists and have some interest in "independent" music.
I don't like to belittle people for having different beliefs, but I try to
help others to make informed decisions.  I mean, if somebody hadn't made
sure I knew about factory farms, I might never have become vegetarian.
Now, I don't get all militant and belittle people who choose to eat meat,
but I *do* think they should know what the cow went through before it got
on their fork.

And people ought to know that supporting a Clear Channel show indirectly
funds the Republican party, and reduces musical choice, and reduces the
diversity of voices with access to radio.

I'll also admit that the soy latte that gets me through my night classes
comes from a Starbucks that is *right across the street* from Kiva Han.
Sometimes my informed decisions are pro-mega-corporation.  No throwing
stones.

Brian