rock club question

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Fri Dec 3 15:08:14 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Adam Rixey wrote:

> > And people ought to know that supporting a Clear Channel show indirectly
> > funds the Republican party, and reduces musical choice, and reduces the
> > diversity of voices with access to radio.
>
> And by buying any music, you are indirectly funding the wars for oil
> since CDs are made from plastic and that's a petroleum-based product.
> So even if you buy from the most independent record label out there,
> you're still A BABY KILLER.

You're just being silly, of course.  Reducing our dependance on oil is
important and worthwhile; but the amount of petroleum used to make CDs is
miniscule compared to the amount you burn through getting around the city.
If you carry everything to this kind of ethical extreme, you'll end up
either a Jain monk or pointing a gun at some innocent guy on a beach.

Brian