bodycandy.com

Pope Jeremy automaticlarynx at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 14:29:57 EST 2004

--- MT <fachmoir at freedminds.com> wrote:
> for those of you looking for inexpensive body
> jewelry (IE: for your pierced needs/addition.)
> check out: http://www.bodycandy.com
>
> lots of shite for $1.99+

While I might be the biggest bargain hunter this side
of the Mississippi, I would never buy bargain body
jewelry. While I know nothing about this particular
sales site, I know that if I'm going to put something
inside my own body, under my flesh, I'll want to be
sure that it's something that won't cause any kind of
infection. As an experienced piercee, I would say that
if you want to stick metal or acrylic into your body,
shell out the extra bucks, and get it done with
trustworthy parts by trustworthy people.

Getting synthetic parts stuck in your body to make
some kind of transhumanist point is wicked rad, but
please do it in a way that won't result in, say, a
global lymph infection, which is what can happen if
you get your nipples pierced in the wrong way, or with
crappy materials. The cyborgs from the future won't
have abscesses in their prince albert piercings;
neither should you. If you want to herald the coming
of our future robot overlords by sticking chunks of
metal in your puny, human flesh, or just want to do it
for the increased physical sensations which can
result, I would recommend the people at Hot Rod
http://www.hotrodbodypiercing.com to anyone.

- Pope Jeremy

=====
http://automaticlarynx.shadyhouse.com

In 1977 there were 150 Elvis impersonators. By 1999 there were 35,000. If this rate of growth continues, by the year 2019, more than one third of the world's population will be Elvis impersonators.