Headphone recommendation: Shure E2C

Mike Yacht meatnog at meatnog.com
Wed Feb 4 11:45:55 EST 2004

Recently my earbud headphones of 10+ years have started to die, so I did
some research into new headphones.  I'm a big fan of earbuds because the
'frame' of traditional headphones drive me batshit.

So I looked into some higher end Sony sets, some Sennheiser sets and then a
friend turned me onto the Shure Technologies headsets.

After reading review after review that said the Shure headsets kicked the
crap out of everything out there, I decided to bite the bullet and get em.
A friend found me a coupon for $20 off the normally $100 earbuds and I got
them yesterday.

They are unbelievably good.  I have never heard such amazing sound quality
out of a pair of headphones in my life and I've used some $300 Sennheiser
cans that were made from audio editing.

The in-the-ear silicone cones took only about 5 seconds to get used to, then
I forgot they were even there.  They isolate outside sound so well that if
you like to sing along with your music it sounds REALLY funny, like you're
congested to hell.

Anyway, here are a few links if anyone is interested:

Product Link:
http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.asp

Place to buy:
http://www.macresq.com/store/detail.php?prodID=E2C

Enter the coupon code: PURE

-Nog (listening to all his music and hearing things he's never heard before)