Not true. (was Re: fuck!!! is this true???!!! Siouxsie sioux dead?)

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Thu Jan 8 13:36:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, S. Alexander Reed wrote:

> "Discovered dead...  while she was sleeping" is not a sentence that
> a journalist would use.

oh come on, you must have a lot more faith in journalism than i do!
if every grammatical error immediately discounted a story, well, you
probably couldn't believe 90% of what was written in the PG or the
Trib.  (or the seattle times, or any other second rate daily paper.)

as a matter of fact, i'm reading "the language instinct,"
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060958332/qid=1073585431/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5241868-2859106?v=glance&s=books)
and it is CHOCK FULL of interesting grammatical "mistakes" from
newspapers and other print materials used as example of how the mind
processes language and meaning.

but back to goth.  why doesn't anyone ever dedicate a club night to a
seminal artist BEFORE they drop dead? (ok, i feel guilty about
listening to johnny cash for more than 6 months until i heard that he
died!) how about a siouxsie night!!  every dresses up as souxie for
ceremony this week, and the NS plays lots of siouxsie and siouxsie
inspired music...

my request: icon, from join hands(?)

deeann mikula hartmann

"the limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
   --ludwig wittgenstein, tractatus logico-hilosophicus

"colorless green ideas sleep furiously"
   --n. chompsky