Alcohol and short term memory loss at 80's night...

Ray rlink at chemlab.org
Sat Jan 10 18:50:08 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, idlechic wrote:

> whoah.  the attic is closed?  like, altogether or just on friday nights?  do
> you know if this "something else" has a cover?

The Attic is closed for good.  They've already moved its pinball machine
down to the Upstage.  The 5th floor (Laga's balcony) has been mostly
renovated into apartments (3-BR family-style places that will be going for
$2500/mo, I understand.)  Allegedly, there are already early-birds who
have signed leases.  The 4th floor (Laga proper) is gone on March 31st,
and will also be turned into apartments.  I'm not sure what's planned
for the Attic, but I'd guess apartments, too.  The Upstage is supposed
to remain open, regardless, and will be getting most of Laga's lighting
equipment.  I don't know what's going on with the sound gear, though.
Also, the wall separating the Upstage's bar from the dancefloor has been
removed, but the modular fencing that used to be used for the hip-hop
queue will be set up for all-ages events like Ceremony.

I've known about this for a while, but wanted to make sure that it
was publicly-disseminable knowledge before I said anything.

-- Ray

i will have you know that Iron Maiden is a very good band.
i will destroy you.      -- b00