Alcohol and short term memory loss at 80's night...

B beep at telerama.com
Mon Jan 12 10:43:48 EST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Gardner. wrote:

> Then you guys:
>
> 1- Don't know Lou.

I heard him spinning house once.  You're right, we don't know Lou.  He's
got the capability to be a fabulous DJ when he's really into the music and
trying hard.

Unfortunately, the few times I've heard him spin 80's, he hasn't been
trying hard.  I think 80's nights are purely mercenary for him, and it
shows.

It's unfair to judge Lou as a DJ purely by 80's Nights, but it is fair to
judge him as an 80's Night DJ based on experience with his sets.

> Or 3, which I won't mention, because it's just inflamitory.

So instead you should choose the passive-aggressive route?  "I could say
something mean to you, but I won't" isn't much better than saying it, and
it's probably more irritating altogether.

I applaud your restraint-- nobody (sensible) likes a flame war-- but
decide whether you're going to speak tactfully or plainly and commit to
it.

brian j. parker
gamer, geek, & black-clad cliche