Western Samoa - Was: seven years mix

Pope Jeremy automaticlarynx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 13:58:36 EST 2004

http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/music/story.cfm?type=Riffs

> > Why on earth does the Pittsburgh City Paper have a
> Samoa country code?
>
> Western Samoa started marketing their ccTLD as
> "Dot-WS means Web Site!" a few years ago.

If this isn't a silly joke, I didn't know that a state
could profit from the use of its top level domain. How
does that work? Does the U.K. get cash-money every
time someone registers www.foo.uk.com with verisign?

If you answer is just a silly joke, then I'm just a
silly guy who fell for the silly joke. My crotch still
has magical powers though.

- Pope Jeremy

=====
http://automaticlarynx.shadyhouse.com

In 1977 there were 150 Elvis impersonators. By 1999 there were 35,000. If this rate of growth continues, by the year 2019, more than one third of the world's population will be Elvis impersonators.