Alexx playing live on Friday

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Mon Jun 28 22:17:23 EDT 2004

the Brew House is at the corner of 21st & Mary Sts. 2100 Mary St, South
Side. 8 pm doors. $10. all ages. Vequinox first, then Alexx then This
Ascension. this Fri, July 2.

I haven't made a big deal out of this but I probably should. This
Ascension is the epitome of 90s goth-ethereal resurgence - shimmery
guitars, sinewy basslines, glistening keyboards, tribalistic drums,
and soaring female vocals, influenced by The Cure, Cocteau Twins, and
Dead Can Dance. Definitely in the 90s class with Faith & the Muse,
Changelings, Rhea's Obsession & others of that ilk. More goth than
most things. Check it out!