Morr Music: Accelera Deck & Evol this Mon @ Garfield Artworks

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Mar 11 22:54:33 EST 2004

I am sitting here right now listening to the new Isan "Meet Next Life" LP
thanks to the indispensable services of Geoff Maddock's Wrecked distro.
Incredibly beautiful electronic music. Which reminds me. If you don't
check out the German label Morr Music, you are missing out. They have the
most solid lineup of downtempo/pop-oriented electronica/IDM possibly
anywhere. It's amazing: Lali Puna, Opiate (who produced some of Bjork's
Vespertine), Manual, Solvent, Christian Kleine, Mum, Phonem, The Notwist,
Arovane, Styrofoam, FS Blumm, Tied & Tickled Trio,  and now Man'sbestfriend
(aka Sole of Anticon), the goodness just keeps going on and on. They now
have more good artists than even Warp or Planet Mu etc.

see www.morrmusic.com for details, it's a cute site

also, one of the American artists on Morr is Birmigham, Alabama's
ACCELERA DECK. He takes shoegazer guitar and processes it through glitch
laptop to create a big rumbling sound, it's pretty hot.
with him will be Barcelona, Spain's EVOL (who follow the general glitch
noise of that label's heroes such as Fennesz and Pita)
and South Carolina's SATELLITE GROOVES who basically sound like Postal
Service without the vocals.
plus local IDM dude 8CYLINDER who makes songs out of gameboys.

This Mon Mar 15    8 pm   all ages   $6
Garfield Artworks, 4931 Penn Ave, Garfield    free parking all over
Check it out!