pittsburgh wins

LstatShaft at aol.com LstatShaft at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 19:41:56 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/9/2004 1:39:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
plaw at andrew.cmu.edu writes:

> talk about sticks up one's ass. salo agrees - people are more
> uptight here.  you would *never* hear something like the rapture there..
> which is cool, you know, the rapture just aren't goth, but it seemed like
> all the artists they played had formed before 1996. good job on the
> diversity, guys.

Pittsburgh is definitely my favorite place to guest DJ because my experience
is that people are much more open to new music there.  New bands, new tracks
by familiar bands, whatever; the response from the Pittsburgh crowd to
unfamiliar material has always been most positive.

You probably don't see it or appreciate it when you live there, but as a
visitor, I'm keenly aware of it.

[P]