Fancy that. (Qntal & Iris)

LstatShaft at aol.com LstatShaft at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 08:47:41 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/15/2004 2:53:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
smr71+ at pitt.edu writes:

> Qntal was just signed in the US by Dancing Ferret Discs, and their
> latest album, III, will be released soon domestically.  Their first
> two records are also quite good and feature that wicked rad pianist
> guy from Deine Lakeinen.  At any rate, with this new signing, things
> should be much less of a pain in terms of getting them.

The US version of Qntal III will be out on June 22nd. The first limited
edition of 1,000 copies will include the Qntal Live DVD as a free bonus (in North
American video format, of course). A US-only EP will come out later this year.

Ernst Horn from Deine Lakaien is no longer in Qntal, but Michael Popp, who is
no longer in Deine Lakaien, is still in Qntal.

I don't think they've ever played the US before, but Qntal will be headlining
a Dracula's Ball later this year.

> As far as Iris goes, I actually just played their new single, "Sorrow
> Expert" at 'Ceremony last night.  They've left the ADD label and are
> now self-releasing, and their album "Awaken" is really really solid.
> The guy who used to do their programming left, but his replacement,
> whose name escapes me, produced the Alpha Conspiracy and has done
> remix work for Delerium.  Very good material.  The new stuff is not
> quite as overtly poppy as "Annie", but the album has more depth to
> it.  They've played in Philadelphia and Wisconsin in the last few
> months.

A remix disc of material from their ADD album came out last year, and the
European version of their last album, Awakening, has some bonus remixes on it as
well. The cat from Alpha Conspiracy is Andrew Sega, and he's really friggin'
talented. Iris did a remix for Paralysed Age on the Vier Factor split single
that was damned good.

[P]