speaking of kick-ass bands

Christy Sawyer christy at spookee.net
Fri Mar 26 00:18:32 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pauline Law" <plaw at andrew.cmu.edu>
To: <pgh-goth-list at listless.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 5:42 PM
Subject: speaking of kick-ass bands

> would anyone be interested in booking a show for THE BRIDES!!! this
> summer? i'm not going to be in town, so i probably wouldn't be able to
> facilitate wrct sorts of things, but come on, it's the brides! the
> awesomest goth band to emerge from the spectral voices of the ether
> since... well, ever. they are going to play convergence 10, so i'm sure
> that more people will have heard of them by the summer and maybe want to
> come from a bit further away to see them...
>
> they're going on tour july and august and they would just love to stop by.
> well, at least corey says he would really like to, on the condition that
> you are a person who has a good place and doesn't make you play in their
> uncle's basement or play for $13 and a 1/2 of a can of Bud Dry.
>
> get in touch with me and i'll have their people talk to your people!

That really would rock if you could get them. I've seen them a bunch of
times, and they always put on such a great show. The first time I ever heard
them was when they were randomly opening for another band I wanted to see,
and I was genuinely surprised that no one had told me about them sooner. Why
aren't they more famous yet? heh. I hope CX will help fix that. :)

Christy
http://www.spookee.net
http://www.anilineblack.com