this friday night...

Pauline Law plaw at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 31 14:59:15 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Joel Young wrote:

> > holy hipsters, joel!
>
> I'll kill you with my own bare hands.

of course, the irony of my statement lies in the fact that i was listening
to matmos' remix of erase errata's other animals while i made that
earlier post.

> > i'd be curious to see which blonde redhead tracks you find danceable.
> > and
> > how they count as "electro-retro"...
>
> The new album sounds a lot more shimmery -- I think the first track
> (Elephant Woman) would work well on the dance floor, and it's retro in
> the sense of sounding ethereal and 80s Cocteau Twins-esque. Everything
> new is old again, or something to that effect.

oh rad. i haven't picked up the new album yet, nor have i seen it at wrct.
it's funny to me that they're on 4ad now - i have never thought of them
as a 4ad-esque band.

> But I will personally slob the knob of whoever plays "Love Will Freak
> Us", Dsico's mashup of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and "Get Your Freak On"
> (or buy them a drink, depending on my mood).

damn, i _need_ this track - i'm compiling all the remakes of "love will
tear us apart", ever, as well as "warm leatherette". because, you know, i
have so much spare time on my hands.

pauline