Electro/Retro guest DJ party

Christy Sawyer christy at spookee.net
Fri May 21 14:39:07 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <manny at telerama.com>
To: "deeann mikula hartmann" <goth at d33ann.com>
Cc: "Retard City USA" <pgh-goth-list at nine.org>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 5:13 AM
Subject: Re: Electro/Retro guest DJ party

> maybe not in Seattle, but
> in PIttsburgh the difference between $3 and $5 is a huge, overblown fuss,
> much more than it should be. as is the difference between $5 and $7, etc.
>
> most people will not pay it, period. this is why places like the lava
> lounge, margaritaville and smiling moose don't charge cover. this is why
> gooski is packed to the brim when it charges no more than $3. and why
> many DJ culture nights also keep their prices fairly low etc

While I actually agree with you that $5 is too much, I would think that in
Pittsburgh it would be less of a deal because there are less alternatives
and if they want to drink at a bar while listening to that specific kind of
music with their friends, they'd have to suck it up and pay. I don't go to
bar nights that charge a cover, whether they have a DJ or not, because I
think it's stupid to charge me a cover to sit and drink and listen to some
DJ. But I can always go somewhere else to sit and hear my spo0ky deathrock
for free. Those culture nights have to keep the prices low because there are
a handful of them out and about and within a reletively close distance,
right?

Christy
http://www.spookee.net
http://www.anilineblack.com