Electro/Retro guest DJ party

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Tue May 25 13:39:59 EDT 2004

the Lava Lounge had free (no cover) bands on Wednesdays, for years.
it also still has no cover on Mondays for Monday Talk Talks (twice a
month).
I don't know about Saturday nights there because i have never been
there on a Saturday and I don't care to. If Sat nights are DJ Powderfinger
(and I think they still are?) well I like Mark Esper as a person but I'm
not into the stuff he spins.

as far as the other bars you had nothing to say about them now did you?
because I am right. because i know for a fact that for example the
Moose is scared shitless of charging a cover because they know it
would chase away a lot of their clientele. Scarfo (Mike) has said so to me
in the past, directly.

so, as far as I'm concerned I'm close enough to being correct.
the fact that you know the cover (or lack of it) for *one* DJ night
that I don't know certainly doesn't make you 'insightful' at all.
it just makes you a nitpicker.
someone who likes to sit back in the shadows and chuckle and point out
every time i might make a little insignificant factual error, which
gives you the jollies.
meanwhile i'm out here doing all the work.