louisville goth scene?

Derek C. F. Pegritz pegritz at hpl-laboratories.com
Mon Nov 22 15:30:07 EST 2004

idlechic wrote:

> i've got a friend in louisville, ky, who's been asking me for music
> recommendations for the past few weeks, and she's decided she likes
> industrial.  anyone have any idea what the louisville goth scene is like?
> she's debating going to a club, but she's worried about fitting in, etc.
> (remember those days?)  i figured i'd see if anyone had any pointers for
> her.

Tell her to wear a bright yellow jacket and a Hawaiian shirt, and then,
as soon as she arrives at the club, proceed to the DJ booth and demand
that he/she either play Skinny Puppy and old Caustic-Grip-era FLA or she
will bash some random club kid's head in with a 2x4.

Seriously...the whole "fitting in" thing is pretty pointless--just tell
her to wear something comfortable and just get out there and enjoy
herself. Grab a drink, have a seat, listen to the music, boogie, and
otherwise just relax...and if any "regulars" give her the ol' stink-eye,
it's real easy to just shrug and raise the middle finger in salute.
It'll be a lot more fun for her if she's not worried about what other
people might think.

Pegritz