Otaku (was Re: DJ Badtz @ Ceremony and Electro-Retro)

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Thu Sep 23 15:49:58 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 Ysobelle at aol.com wrote:

> I suppose now would be a bad time to muse aloud that a rabid otaku
> friend of mine went to great lengths to prove, once, that any male
> anime character who unexpectedly sprouts wings eventually turns out to
> be gay.

This art was, I believe, inspired by Haibane-Renmei (a post-Lain project
of yoshitoshi aBe), which featured seemingly heterosexual male Haibane
(winged beings).  I'm straight myself, but if your name is Alan Cumming
then I'll close my eyes and pretend.

Brian aka DJ Badtz

P.S. - Those who have completed the game Tales of Symphonia most certainly
have dirty dirty slash fiction ideas running through their minds now.