stromkern

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:34:22 EDT 2005

So, Stromkern are playing a show here on Sunday, right?

I thought this mini-review of the Madison show last night (which
opened their tour), by Eric Oehler of the band Null Device, was nice:

Stromkern rocked hard last night. I tell ya, those boys always put on one of
the best live shows in the genre - even though the lineup of those boys is
almost entirely different from the last lineup of those boys. I think Ned is
just a catalyst for the rockin.

Yeah, they were cool. Ned looked a lot like Trent Reznor did 15 years ago,
minus the big mop of dreadlocks, and threw himself around in much the same
manner.

Yeah, the show was really fuckin cool.

And it kinda makes me sad. Why? Because I realize when Stromkern gets big -
you know, Linkin Park big - it means that I'm going to lose my guitarist
to the fast-lane high-life world of Stromkern. Soon, while Chuck4 and I play
to 30 people in a dingy bar outside Dayton, Dan will be on the European S'kern
tour, eating beluga caviar off the back of a Flemish prostitute. While Chuck
and I drink sale-priced "7up Berry Exxtreem" behind a Pennsylvaia Sunoco
station, Dan will be slowly lowering himself into a hot tub filled with warm
Cristal.

Ergo, I am sad.