[Radio--2005.07.07] Tonite in theAbyss....

Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) darkfin6012 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 11:23:43 EDT 2005

I was finally able to hit the movies this week... and Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD was pretty freakin' cool!  Of course, I don't know why they just can't come out and say that it takes place in Pittsburgh!  They've got the satellite map showing the famous three rivers, a fairly bold reference to Mt.Washington, and a sky-line that (if not an exact match) could easily pass for the 'burgh...  Still they goof it up by having cigars for sale in the Unionville liquor store and a subway stop in the center of the city!  And to top it off, not even a scene inside Eides--the one store in the city that probably carries every zombie-flick ever made!  [hmmm... Now would Jim and the gang be zombified or part of the resistence?]  Anyway, despite a few minor errors and omissions, LAND OF THE DEAD is pretty kick-ass, so go check it out!

After seeing that on Tuesday, I got to thinking about the kind of music I would include if I were making a movie soundtrack for a zombie-flick.  So... this week's edition of theAbyss will feature just such a theme--part ambient, part stomp.  (And you can bet I'll include a song or two from some of those talented Pittsburgh boys we all love... =)  That'll happen during the first hour, provided I can squeeze it all in.

Then during the second hour, I'll have special guest dj.JonFay in the studio spinning some of his unique brand of dark-beats.  You'll hear it no place else, so tune in to theAbyss... Thursday nights from 7 to 9pm on The Lion - 90.7fm--with live streams at www.Lion-Radio.org .

See in the dark....  ~dj.darkFIN

PAdarkAlternative
state-wide dark-alt scene resource

The Lion - 90.7fm