summer reading

Ysobelle Ysobelle at aol.com
Sat May 14 10:38:25 EDT 2005

On 5/13/05 9:53 AM, quoth the effervescent "Christopher tm" at
<xopher.tm at gmail.com>:

> On 5/13/05, Ysobelle <Ysobelle at aol.com> wrote:
>> On 5/12/05 9:12 PM, quoth the effervescent "Christopher tm" at
>>> Any particular reason, that you'd care to share, that you've selected these?
>>
>> An unreasoning, unmanageable fear of the oblivion of death I'm tired of
>> having to wrangle.
>
> Ah, that. Any luck?

I'm working on it. Not exactly the kind of thing about which one can say,
"Oh, stop worrying. It'll never happen." Y'know?

The Stephen Levine book is making me nuts, though. It's hard to read
someone's probably very good ideas on living a fully-realised and fulfilled
life when they write like he does: sweepingly philosophic and almost
dreamlike. Lots of references to "soft-belly meditation" and "soft-belly
breathing" until I'm imagining gutting something. So, obviously, it's not
quite getting through to me yet.

Or maybe it's just a Andreas Vollenweider book to a (at the moment) VNV
mind.