[WKPS radio] This week in <(theAbyss)>...

Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) darkfin6012 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 03:44:46 EST 2005

Tune in to <(theAbyss)> this Thursday evening on The Lion - 90.7fm.  Tonight during the first
hour we'll feature Templegarden's Done Rooms, the artists' 2002 release on Ant-zen records [act 126].

[click the image]

I actually stumbled upon this album sometime this past spring--played a few tracks here and
there--but have mostly been sitting on it just waiting for this time of year to roll around.  For as
minimalist as it is, the music really conjures lush imagery if you let the mind wander... As one
online review puts it: "... very much akin to the Hybryds and the like, but not a ripoff of anyone.
Drones, minimal beats, and ritual atmospheres. Highly recommended."  It's an excellent listen
for walking in the woods at sunset or simply lying back on the couch with the lights dimmed, a
candle or two flickering on the periphery.  We'll then continue the vibe in the second hour with
some older, slightly more upbeat darkambient--stuff I was surprised to find while rummaging
through the WKPS vaults.

<(theAbyss)> airs Thursday nights from 7 to 9pm (UT -5:00) on The Lion - 90.7fm
(WKPS, State College) as part of the RPM electronic show.  You can hear live streams
via our website (Lion-Radio.org), as well as check out recent playlists and links in the
RPM section of our message board.

Catch you in the twilight....

~dj.darkFIN

ps. Next week: an abbreviated show, featuring the hands-down most-requested album in my home library when guests pay a visit... You'll have to check out my playlists to find out what it is!

THE LION - 9O.7fm

attn: RPM Director

125 HUB-Robeson Center

University Park, PA