promote - promote - promote!!!

Taylor D. Williams newdigitalwaste at digitalexp.com
Tue Oct 4 10:56:24 EDT 2005

Jeremy is so right about the cost of taking a band on the road. Costs that
have to
be incurred just to go our and present what you've got to say musically and
still
make a living is outragous. Just putting a group of guys in a van with their
equipment
and going on the road is bad enough.On the next level, for example the cost
of leasing
your typical tour bus can run from 2k per week up not including driver and
fuel.
This of course is just transportation. Add in hotels, road crew, promotion
costs,
insurance, yada yada yada. and its completely insane. Its a wonder that any
lower to mid level
acts still do it......So please go out and support your favorite bands when
they come to town.
It aint all young girls in rubber and all the whiskey you can snort yanno.
Its a tough life
out there on the road. The music Biz is a dirty, dirty business. I know,
I've done a little reading
about this stuff somewhere....;).....T.