Suicide Girls?

Deeann M.M. Mikula deeann at d33ann.com
Fri Oct 14 21:29:11 EDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Brian J. Parker wrote:

> I'm a little concerned about patronizing Suicide Girls:
>
> http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2005/09/28/suicide-girls-quit-the-site-charging-exploitation-and-male-domination/
>

>From the site:  "b) whether the models are treated ethically."

Treated "ethically" or not, being a model really turns you into
cattle, a bit of flesh pushed around by others for their own purposes.
There can NOT be anything even remotely "feminist" about being
exploited soley for your looks.  I was told that being a model,
especially doing fetish-wear modeling would be empowering.  It was
not, it was insulting.

Regardless of these recent claims, I found Suicide Girls to be too
creepy to deal with when I was recruited (and refused) years ago.
Even ".alt" porn is ultimately demeaning to women, even if in the
short term it seems to give them "power."

This subject touches on the only typical femi-nazi sentiments I have.

Deeann M.M Mikula

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
                 -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich