The Gothees LIVE 10/31 Rock & Bowl @ Arsenal Lanes

Sugargothee@aol.com Sugargothee at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 19:22:32 EST 2005

TRICKS & TREATS TO ALL OUR FANS!!!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

THE GOTHEES FROM OUTER SPACE!

The Gothees and The Oaks Theater have banded together to
bring you an extra special treat this Halloween Night: PLAN
9 FROM OUTER SPACE and THE GOTHEES! Yes, you’ve read it
correctly . . . our friends at The Oaks Theater in Oakmont
are showing the Ed Wood Classic – Plan 9 From Outer Space
at 7:30PM and The Oaks & Arsenal Lanes are offering a
SPECIAL $10 Ticket, which gets you both the film, and
All-U-Can-Bowl with The Gothees! Yessiree Red Bob, that’s
a savings of $2 off the combined admission costs!!! Jump
right on this one folks … can you really pass up such an
evening of High Camp and Cult Classics?

Also NEW LIVE TUNES have been posted to our NEW My Space
page. Check out: myspace.com/thegothees for more cool
stuff!

And now back to our regularly scheduled email . . . already
in progress:

Pittsburgh's premiere Bubble-Goth sensations RETURN this
HALLOWEEN NIGHT (Monday October 31) to Arsenal Lanes in
Lawrenceville!

YES! We’ve taken a break from the studio to play our
Annual Halloween Gig at Arsenal … and THIS TIME it
actually falls on Halloween … HOW CONVENIENT!

The doors open at 9pm and The Gothees take the stage (it’s
really a lane!) - at 10pm.

Monday, October 31st @ Arsenal Lanes in Lawrenceville (44th
& Butler Streets). $7 to get in and that includes
ALL-U-CAN-BOWL from 9pm until Midnight!

PLUS … As IT IS Halloween – costume wearers will either
get $1 OFF at the door or passes for FREE bowling … NICE
TREATS!

Speaking of TREATS, we have some New Songs for you … and
some candy too!

AND BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT … 13.7 PERCENT MORE
THEREMIN!!!

P.S. We’ll be updating our web site shortly, so if you
haven’t downloaded our LIVE MP3 tunes, get on it for soon
they will be just memories of sweet sweet times past – and
replaced by something else equally unique and/or
unsettling!

Some details from the Press Kit:

The Gothees are an entertaining and eclectic mix of
performers-cum-musicians who have a unique and often
perverse way of slanting the dominant paradigm of rock/pop
music or something along those lines. Their music may be
best described as an unsettling mixture of '60s pop
distilled with a hint of '80s influences topped with a
slight pinch of the punk aesthetic. Imagine the bubblegum
pop tunes of The Monkees and The Archies interpreted by The
Velvet Underground with Ian Curtis of Joy Division as lead
vocalist!

The Story:
The Gothees formed in the fall of 2002 as a 7-piece band
featuring members (and former members) of The New Pussycats,
The Red Bobs and The Mount McKinleys for what was expected
to be a one-off performance. Buoyed by rave reviews and
inundated with performance offers, the band came into its
own after several performances throughout Pittsburgh and
Cleveland. After several shows as a 7-piece, The Gothees
paired down to their current 5-piece incarnation.

The Future
After countless shows and two live performances on WRCT,
2004 finds The Gothees on top of the bubble-goth scene!
Having sold out the entire pressing of their first CD
release "but is it art?" a compilation of live tracks
recorded in 2003, the band is hard at work on their
follow-up EP and second live disc. With a burgeoning fan
base in Japan, the band is in negotiations with labels for a
vinyl 7 inch single and CD release in 2005.

For more information (bios, mp3s, photos, etc.) on the *MUST
SEE* band of Monday night – check out their web presence
via www.gothees.com and
http://www.emayhem.com/profiles/profile.php?profile=367