Icelandic Goth / Dark music

A. Gunnarsson nordikbonecrusher at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 4 02:00:45 EDT 2005

I recently visited Iceland and I had the pleasure of receiving a dozen or so
Icelandic CDs from a friend working at a local newspaper (he gets media
releases / new releases from bands). Some CDs were god-awful, some were
exceptional - like in any other country. The exceptional ones were:

a) Band name:  I Svortum Fotum
    Type:  dark / hardcore
    Website: www.isvortumfotum.is
    I listened to their Jonin(?) 2001 CD - not very gothy but pretty damn
good overall.
    This band has been around for 5 years in the underground Iceland music
scene - well respected.

b) Band name:  Ivar Damian
    Type:  gothic / electronic
    Website: www.ivardamian.com
    I listened to an obscure demo-CD he released in the summer. Shows alot
of promise.
    According to the CD insert, he is releasing a full-length CD in December
2005.

For a chunk of rock & ice isolated in the mid-atlantic with a national
population a fraction of Pittsburgh, they seem to have a healthy climate for
upcoming musicians... It was worth checking out.

A. Gunnarsson

SmartScreen Technology.
first two months FREE*.