Blogger Faces Lawsuit Over Comments Posted by Users

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:56:46 EDT 2005

>From the story, "a lawsuit over comments left by his blog readers"
doesn't seem quite accurate so much as "a lawsuit over his own
comments as a business competitor."  Trying to silence one's critics
through the threat of litigation is hardly new to the digital age, but
it does highlight a bad problem that isn't getting any better.
Blogging just throws a spotlight on it because it's now much easier
for critics to reach a wider audience.