how to promote a show (was: Re: Voices of Masada, et.al)

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:45:54 EDT 2005

On 9/20/05, smr71+ at pitt.edu <smr71+ at pitt.edu> wrote:

> And I've got a free CD for anyone who has actually had coffinsex!"

Please mail free Coffinsex UK CD to:

Jeremy David Long
5782 Eldridge Ave.
Pittsburgh PA, 15217

> Putting up 4 posters a week before a show is also not publicizing.
> Putting up 150 tasteful and striking posters on the South Side,
> Oakland, Penn Ave., Squirrel Hill, Regent Square, South Side Works,
> Bloomfield, Shadyside, and downtown is.

It's also really wise to get fliers out to the suburbs. I've taken
fliers to the suburbs, and it works. The kids who go to Hot Topic at
the malls are just dying to go to a Real Gothic Rock And Roll Show.
All you have to do is tell them where it is.

There are people who are already going to shows and to Ceremony who
really actually deep down in their hearts just want to help you out.
If you're a promoter who doesn't have time to get things out to all
these locations, ask one of them.

- Jeremy