club attendance/ Penn State

Jordan Harris jdecay at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 22 18:16:16 EDT 2005

It sounds like Penn State Main Campus hasn't changed much... I went there
for the first half of my undergrad degree. It was always a struggle to find
a venue willing to take a chance on something outside of the standard
college-audience appeal. There was a student organization that booked shows,
but they were so rigidly stratified that if it wasn't punk or ska, they
wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Back then, there were no club nights and only a handful of bands  (Mindless
Faith and Spine) that played shows and did their best to bring out-of-town
acts there.

For a while, Art of the Ages tattoos & piercings was doing shows and events
in their basement; are they still around?

And while I'm on the subject of PSU, is Johnny Walker still DJing there?