how to promote a show (was: Re: Voices of Masada, et.al)

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:42:32 EDT 2005

On 9/22/05, Lord Degan <degan at ccia.com> wrote:
> 4. I know that the Night Shift at Ceremony have been pretty good about
> announcing some shows and that shows are announced here on the list.  But is
> Ceremony or the Pitt Goth list being promoted much?

Shortly after Kelly DeYoe started hosting the list, he made fliers
promoting it and handed them out at Ceremony.  Were anyone inclined to
do that, I'd put them on tables at Ceremony, at least.

As for promoting Ceremony: yeah, we were slow out of the gate this
school year.  But we have some great ideas percolating that'll
hopefully come to a boil in the next month or so.  In the meantime, I
think we still have fliers left, but... there's really only a few
places left to put them since Oakland's been decimated!  Anyone who'd
be willing to drop stacks in the South Side or knows of some clever
locations, please, drop me (us) a line.

We're lucky, www.pghgoth.com is the first thing that turns up if you
Google "Pittsburgh goth" and it's pretty well maintained.  The FAQ's a
little out of date but the concerts and club nights stay current.  Now
we just need to get CEREMONY in boldface and big type; did my bribe
check bounce, Boo?

Brian