promote - promote - promote!!!

Adam Rixey arixey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:23:03 EDT 2005

On 9/23/05, liesje <liz at ohmazing.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Adam Rixey wrote:
>
> > On 9/23/05, Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) <darkfin6012 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> (Have the PghGoth folks ever considered switching to a list that supports graphics?  It would GREATLY increase the effectiveness of posts.)
> >
> > No it wouldn't.  It would certainly make me unsubscribe, and I'm sure
> > I'm not alone.
>
> I agree with Rixeypants. Non-plain text emails would be the worst for
> those of us using pine. (Change is bad!) HTML email makes us oldsters
> grumpy (and the Baby Jesus cry).

Not only that, but I just realized one other thing that could really
benefit the scene and help people attend the shows:  for all you
graphic designers out there, if you're making a poster for an upcoming
concert, USE A READABLE FONT.  I've seen so many posters and fliers,
especially for industrial shows, where I can't even tell what the heck
is going on because they were too busy trying to look cool and
hardcore instead of giving out useful information.

> Also part 2 - does anyone have a video camera or two that Arvin and I
> could borrow for something that is a lot less dirty than that sounds?

Oh my god, are you all making tea-drinking fetish videos?

(Ya know, that's actually a lucrative, untapped market.  There are
already people making money off tapes that's nothing but chicks
smoking or trying on shoes.  Plus then someone could have a porn name
of "Earl Grey".)

--
Adam Rixey
arixey at gmail.com